- Father and Grandfather: I have three successful children and four wonderful grandchildren.
- Lover of the outdoors: I am an avid backpacker and a master gardener. Washington is a beautiful state, and protection of the environment is important to me.
- Small Business Owner: I started my winery, William Grassie Wine Estates, in 2011, and produce award-winning wines using exclusively Columbia Valley grapes. I understand the issues small businesses face.
- An Independent: I do not identify with the present hyper-partisan environment, and I believe a new approach is needed.
- Born and raised in Kansas, I started hauling hay at age of 13 (when I didn’t weigh much more than the bales of hay). To earn money for college, I took a job at 16 as a city department head. Fortunately for me, college was much more affordable then. I put myself through college working during the summer and owning a small business. I graduated with a Business and Economics Degree from Pittsburg State University and continued on to obtain my MBA from the University of Kansas.
I have also achieved success in the corporate world with a career that spanned 30 years including executive experience at Microsoft, Dell, and Sprint. In fact, I moved to Fall City and the 8th district in 2006 to work for Microsoft and still reside in that peaceful setting up the hill from the Snoqualmie River.
In the last several years I have returned to my roots by starting and growing my winery. I enjoy the wine-making process because it is creative and keeps me grounded.
If you are tired of the partisan bickering that defines Washington, D. C., I invite you to take a closer look at ‘Your Independent Voice’, Bill Grassie, in the 8th Congressional District.